The first annual Field of Honor in Georgetown, TX was a great success! Please check back soon to order flags for your heroes for the 2018 Field of Honor!
Please contact us if you are interested in becoming a sponsor for the 2018 Field of Honor.
If your organization would like to sponsor an event at the 2018 Field of Honor, such as a 5K, a Quilt of Valor presentation, a Pancake breakfast, or other event that benefits veterans and/or first responders, please contact a co-chair: Jeanne McClellan or David Kellerman. Scroll down to see contact information.
Many thanks for those who were sponsors, purchased flags, attended the events, and volunteered at the 2017 Field of Honor!
2017 Field of Honor
The Rotary Club of Georgetown Foundation proudly presents the first annual Field of Honor® in Central Texas in cooperation with the City of Georgetown and presented by Hewlett Chevrolet Buick and SportClips. This truly inspiring event will pay tribute to our valued veterans, active and reserve duty military, first responders, and personal heroes during the week of Veterans Day from November 5th to November 12th, 2017.
A stunning and emotion-filled display of over 1400 full sized U.S. flags will be posted at San Gabriel Park’s activity field on Chamber Way, each flag having been purchased by individuals in tribute to a veteran, active or reserve duty military, first responder, or their own personal heroes. It is a week to honor and express thanks to all who selflessly serve. It is also a time to educate. Visitors to the field will enjoy a display of historical American flags.
The Field of Honor® flag sales proceeds and general donations will benefit local veterans and first responders and their families. This fundraiser will help provide service dog training for veterans with PTSD (or other need that requires a service dog) through TADSAW (Train a Dog, Save a Warrior). Some of the Proceeds from the Patriots Ball will provide the opportunity for children of veterans to attend Camp Courage through R.O.C.K.(Ride on Center for Kids), an equestrian therapy camp. Our first responders will also benefit. This year, Georgetown police officers and firefighters will receive upgraded tactical vests to protect them against armor piercing bullets.
Some of the proceeds from the Patriots Ball will also help support the many local Rotary projects that benefit our communities such as scholarships, handicap ramps, leadership development for high school and elementary school kids, literacy programs, and much more. All donations go to the Rotary Club of Georgetown Foundation, a 501c3 organization.
This event will be enjoyed by the whole community – including the young and the young at heart. All can participate in the various activities throughout the week. This is the first year of a new annual tradition for the Rotary Club of Georgetown TX Foundation. This event is exclusively licensed in Central Texas through the Colonial Flag Foundation in Sandy, UT. www.healingfield.org.
Among the events of the week are as follows:
- Opening Ceremonies ~ Sunday, November 5th, 2:00 p.m.
- Patriotic Chalk Walk provided by local artists ~ Begins Sunday, November 5th and continues all week.
- Multi-Club Rotary Meeting to Honor All Who Have Served ~ Monday, November 6th, 11:30 – 1:30 p.m. (Rotarians only – guests by invitation from a Rotarian)
- Ride on Center for Kids (R.O.C.K) Fourth Annual Open House and Veterans Drill Team Performance ~ At the R.O.C.K. Arena, 2050 Rockridge Lane, Georgetown, 6:00 p.m.
- The Final Salute: Flag Retirement Ceremony ~ Presented by: Boy Scout Troop 155 Wednesday, November 8th, 6:30 p.m.
- FREE Patriotic Concert and Readings of Letters from War ~ Thursday, November 9th, 6:30 p.m.
- AMVET Welcome Home to Vietnam Era Veterans – ALL ARE WELCOME! Friday, November 10th, Drop by anytime between 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Patriots Ball to honor our veterans and first responders ~ Georgetown Sheraton Hotel, Saturday, November 11th, 6:00 p.m.
- First Responder Day – Sunday, November 12th, sponsored by the Georgetown police and fire departments
- Local school kids will take field trips to learn about our flag’s history throughout the week
NOTE: FLAGS MAY BE PURCHASED AND DEDICATED TO YOUR HEROES DURING THE EVENT AT THE FIELD OF HONOR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
The Rotary Club of Georgetown has a membership of 120+ members that commit to the motto of Service Above Self, and whom agree to live by the following standards of integrity known as the Four Way Test:
First: Is it the TRUTH
Second: Is it FAIR to all concerned
Third: Will it build GOOD WILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS
Fourth: Will it be BENEFICIAL TO ALL CONCERNED
In all cases, The Field of Honor® meets those standards.
The Rotary Club of Georgetown Foundation is honored to host this annual event! Join us in spreading the word! Follow us on our Facebook Page at: Field of Honor Georgetown Texas. Use #gtxfieldofhonor to help spread the word!